Hello Lovely Readers!
I am so excited about September. It marks the beginning of all things cozy and autumn which are my absolute favorite. For me, Autumn begins literally on the strike of Midnight on the 1st of September, which was a lot harder to deal with in the heat of Florida, but New York really makes that much easier seeing as it’s been rainy and chilly this past week here.
Here are the books I plan to read this month!
- The Fifth Season: This is my current read. Reading it in physical form and on audio, not too far in, enjoying it but haven’t formed much of an opinion on this. I am trying not to let the hype sway me one way or another.
- The Stranger Beside Me: This one I am super excited about as it is a true crime classic.
- One Day We’ll All Be Dead and None of this Will Matter: Also currently reading this and enjoying it SO much. So funny.
- Special Topics in Calamity Physics: I LOVED Night Film by Marisha Pessl and I am hoping this one is just as good if not better. Talked more about Night Film here.
- Mundo Cruel: This is a short story collection about homosexuality in Puerto Rico. CANNOT wait for this.
- Northanger Abbey: I think this is an ironic take on Gothic lit by Jane Austen and I am so here for this. I have been truly loving Gothic modern reads lately like Daphne DuMaurier and I can’t wait to see what spin Austen puts on the genre.
Have you read any of these books? What did you think? If you’d like to hear more of my thoughts on all of these books, please consider checking out my video!